Tuesday, July 28, 2009

2 week appointment

Eden just had her 2 week appointment today and she was a little trooper. She weighed in at 7 lbs 7 oz and grew almost 2 inches! She is our little bean pole! I always thought I would have a short little chubby baby but she is long and lean.

These past 2 weeks have been a good adjustment. I am learning to live on less sleep (well, less consecutive hours, not necessarily less sleep). We had her on a good three hour schedule until yesterday when she hit a growth spurt and was up every hour for like 5 hours eating like she had never been fed. This kind of stressed me out a bit because I have been fighting a cold and haven’t been sleeping the greatest because of it. But Garrett was a wonderful dad and husband and took care of her for the first half of the night while I was completely passed out. She is still eating more often today but I am guessing that the growth spurt is just about over. The doctor said she will most likely have one every two weeks – hopefully I won’t be sick for the next one!

I am healing very nicely. I only have a few aches and pains left and am trying to regain some abdominal strength because I can’t quite yet sneeze and cough well. I tried to work out yesterday but quickly realized I was out of shape. I did manage to do 25 sit ups and spend 20 minutes on my Gazelle. I was pooped! I am taking today off but will try and do 25 sit ups. My stomach is pretty much back to normal but the skin is really loose which causes me to have a muffin top when I wear my pre-pregnancy clothes. The thing that stinks is that I am too small for my maternity clothes but still not quite small enough for my normal clothes. One thing that has been nice is that about 20 of the pounds I gained was actually water weight (I was 25 lbs lighter the day I left the hospital).

Garrett and I are trying to transition Eden to her crib (just during the day) instead of having her sleep in her swing or the bouncer or with us holding her. She will still sleep in our room until she only gets up once during the night. It has been nice having her in our room since I breast feed and am the one who gets up with her during the night. I do pump but not a ton just yet because I am always with her so there is no need (last night it was helpful though for Garrett).

That is about it for now! I will update soon about our first trip to Waverly to see friends and then our next adventure is going to Omaha to a wedding…hopefully all will go well!

No comments:

Post a Comment