Wednesday, July 1, 2009

37 weeks and still pregnant

I had my 37 week appointment on Monday and the doctor said everything looked great! I am measuring one week ahead and am now considered full term. So the waiting begins…

Since I will probably have 4 more weeks to go I decided to get started with some little projects to finish up Eden’s room. I went to Michael’s and bought some craft supplies and spent part of my night painting letters to be hung on the wall. I am finally finished putting together her room (sans decorations and rocking chair) and feel really good about her coming any day now. I also packed her little hospital bag. Garrett thought I went a little overboard with the amount of clothing I am taking for her but who knows what she will look best in…she is a girl you know and girls have the right to change their minds:)

Last night we installed our car seat in the car and now I am driving around with an empty car seat but it still makes me smile because soon it will have a baby in it! Garrett is so determined to put everything together perfectly that it took us almost an hour to install the seat because it had to be “just so” for Garrett (even though it was installed properly). The funniest part was when we were carrying the car seat and base down to our garage and Garrett accidently grabbed the release button (this removes the seat from the base) and the car seat went tumbling down the stairs. We both just stood there and laughed and decided that it was a good thing we were installing the seat now and not later. He is really going to be a great dad. With all the hard work he has put in to setting everything up it truly makes me realize how blessed I am to have married such an amazing man! He has also been taking such good care of me…putting my shoes on my swollen feet, feeding me yummy food, buying me ice cream, rubbing my back and legs, painting my toe nails, etc…

While Garrett was installing the car seat I decided that I was going to start my exercising back up so I did jumping jacks in our garage. Garrett told me how ridiculous I looked jumping up and down (I would hardly call it jumping). But once he finished up the car seat we went for a nice long walk. I decided I was going to jog for a little bit and realized just how out of shape I was with an extra 30 pounds on my body. Garrett did take the pleasure of recording me running and grabbing my groin because my inner thighs were killing me. I watched the video and let me tell you, it needs to go on YouTube and I am sure some people will get a kick out of it! I sure hope me making a fool out of myself will bring me a baby soon:)

But for now no labor. No signs of labor starting any time soon. Just me holding my belly up and having everyone tell me I look like I am about to pop. I have started looking up ways to naturally induce labor and right now I am going with the whole gravity thing and am taking evening primrose oil pills that will help soften my cervix. Because I guess the softer your cervix and the more effaced you are, the better chance you will go into labor soon than how dilated you are. So for now no baby. Just two parents excitedly awaiting the arrival of their baby girl.

2 comments:

  1. Go swimming- its so nice to move around and not feel like a house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really not long to go! Congratulations!! Beautiful belly pictures and lovely family. I arrived on your blog randomly and I really like your posts and your pics aswell! I'm a mum of a little boy called Marlow and I really enjoy reading other mummy stories online. If you are still stuck take a look at the search thing at http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ as you can search by meaning and origin - i found it really helpful when thinking of what to call Marlow. Finger and toes crossed for you and your baby! Jo

    ReplyDelete