Monday, July 6, 2009

150 squats and 3 mile walks

The above title is so true but I would like to add that now I can’t move and am still pregnant! LOL My legs have never done that many squats in their life! I do them in sets of 10 and made myself do them while at home between trips to the bathroom, commercials on tv, and in the shower (Garrett thought it was funny that I would bust out the squats at random times). Boy am I regretting my eagerness to do this. Plus, my wonderful husband and I have been going on long walks each day. None of this really bothered my glutes or my thighs until yesterday. I am guessing that they hurt more than usual because I was a squatting machine on Saturday! Today I am doing alright and can at least get out of the car without it taking me five minutes to turn myself and find things to hold onto and boost myself out the passenger seat. I can also lift my leg to flush the toilet (public toilets). I think I will be starting up my squats again today. If this does not produce a baby soon, at least I will have a nice behind!

I am 38 weeks as of today. I had my usual doctor’s appointment today with nothing much new. I am now measuring two weeks ahead and while this doesn’t mean much, it gives me hope that she is about to be ready to come out. My blood pressure was border line high but the nurse said that it was probably a combination of walking so far to the room and her taking my pressure right away and the fact that I am retaining water. Eden is doing great though! Still moving (very painful to me) and still head down and happy. Hopefully she will decide that being upside down means she needs to come, for mom’s sake.

Garrett and I completely finished up Eden’s room on Saturday. Garrett managed to drill 10 holes in the wall for one shelf…he got so mad (which is not like him) but I thought it was so cute! Eventually he got the hang of it (no pun intended) and got the shelves up. He also wanted to make sure that there was no way they would potentially fall off the wall and 1)startle Eden or 2)hurt Eden (he is going to be such a good daddy), so he 3-Med those suckers up along with screwing them to the wall. I will be taking pictures of her room probably today but I need Garrett to get the pictures off the camera to the computer – I am not that tech savvy.

In other news…Garrett and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary yesterday! I can’t believe that it has already been a year – it seems like we have been together forever as husband and wife (a very good thing!) but I still can’t believe that a year ago we were promising forever to each other! What a beautiful day! What a beautiful thing! We spent the day going to church and just hanging out with each other. We went to a really nice dinner at the Iowa Power Company and just enjoyed being married! The waiter even had Happy Anniversary written on Garrett’s plate (the cook got confused and was supposed to write it on mine but it didn’t work out that way)! What a wonderful day to just be…I am still smiling!

Well, hopefully the next time I post I can tell you something more exciting like – all my efforts to help labor along worked! Today I am going to head to Hy-Vee after work and pick up some fresh oregano and basil. I read that these herbs might have properties in them to help labor along but they weren’t sure in what quantities, so I am going to eat them as my after work snack. Not sure how well that will go but right now I am willing to try anything. If standing on my head could cause me to go into labor, I would do it for ten hours straight. When I do something I do it big (can’t you tell from the 150 squats???) so I will probably eat the whole package of each!

No comments:

Post a Comment