Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A full moon and still nothing

Yesterday was a full moon and there is speculation that the gravity pull of the moon can cause a woman’s water to break (they even have extra staff on the night of full moons because of this). I, of course, had nothing happen. Oh well. I am okay with it, still ready to be a little less uncomfortable though.

Garrett and I did get to go to our birthing class. As usual, we were late because Garrett needed to get coffee. This is to be expected in our house hold though. I am the one who likes to get somewhere before we have to be there and being on time is almost like being late to me. For Garrett, getting somewhere five to ten minutes late is on time for him. Drives me nuts sometimes but I love him anyway! Next week we are going to try and be early for our class…

The class went pretty well. I had already read about most of it and have asked my doctor plenty of questions that I might have. I was the only person in the room who had less than 2 weeks until my due date. Everyone else was either due late August or September/early October. I guess I should have signed up for our classes earlier! I did learn a lot about the actual hospital that I will be delivering at. Once the baby is born house keeping will come and clean up my room and then pull down a queen sized bed for the rest of my stay. That means Garrett can sleep right next to me! He was planning on staying anyway but I am sure he wasn’t looking forward to sleeping on the couch or a cot. I will also have one nurse during my labor who will assist me in anyway that she can and I will be her only patient. There was a lot of other things that I loved about St. Luke’s but it has escaped my mind.

Other news, oregano is like eating furry little leaves. HATED IT! I decided that I will just add the dried stuff to some foods I eat. The basil wasn’t as bad but gave me indigestion. Obviously neither of these things caused me to go into labor so I am not sure how religiously I will continue with those. I am still a squatting machine and yesterday Garrett grabbed me by the arm and told me to stop because I was going to hurt myself (of course we both laughed as I continued to squat while he was telling me not to). The funny part is, squatting actually feels really good. I will continue doing them but will probably decrease the amount since my legs are still really sore. While at work I bounce on my exercise ball like a crazy woman. It’s kind of fun! It is also helping with my back pain quite a bit.

I know that my body will go into labor when it’s ready or by pitocin (I am praying this does not happen). It’s just fun to try out these so-called labor inducers. My next attempt will be to push mow the lawn…first step, find a lawn to mow!

1 comment:

  1. If you are going to mow the lawn, you better be sittin on a riding lawn mower mowing something really flat and easy! Geeze woman- take it easy! Go swimming like a normal, gigantic pregnant woman would do :)
    PS- I have been thinking about you and hoping things get into motion for you and Garrett!

    ReplyDelete