Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mastitis, moving, and bedtime




One thing I have learned about breast feeding is that it when your baby gets up less at night you need to ease your into feeding more less often. I developed a clogged milk duct that turned into mastitis. Let me tell you, I have not been that sick for a very long time! I woke up Wednesday morning feeling okay but a little bit more tired than usual. By the afternoon I felt like I needed a nap which was unusual. My left armpit area started to hurt but I thought it was a pulled muscle from packing. Then I went with Eden to get a pizza from Papa Murphy’s at 4 and was feeling a bit achy. By the time I got home I felt awful. I had a fever over 101, my body hurt so bad from the fever, and my left breast was killing me. I called my doctor and he said, “Congratulations! You must be breastfeeding and your baby isn’t eating as often.” Then he gave me some advice and drove over a prescription to Walgreen’s for me. I still didn’t feel great on Thursday but was feeling a lot better. Garrett was great and got my prescription and took care of Eden for me. I am again reminded of how blessed I am!

We are trying to get Eden on a bedtime schedule and tonight we had a successful night. I am sure that tomorrow will be awful considering that I just wrote that tonight went so well. She put herself to sleep within 10 minutes (this is the first night we have tried this) and didn’t even cry for a second. She is such a good baby and only gets a little fussy at night due to some gas that needs to come out.

I guess this leaves me with the topic of moving… Garrett and I purchased our first home! We really feel God’s hand in all this. We actually put in our offer the day I went into labor (three hours to be exact before Eden was born). It’s in an older neighborhood that is made up of older folks and a few young couples. The street as a whole is very nice but our little section has some bad yard keep up because of the older folks (their yards just have quite a few weeds growing). One of our neighbor’s houses is in need of some serious up-keep but he is a single dad who works as an orderly at the hospital so I can’t blame him. Garrett and I feel that this will be a great opportunity for us to share our faith through our home and through helping others in the neighborhood – not only to our neighbors but also to others. We have had a strong calling to open up our home and use it for Christ. I am very excited to see what God will do through it all. I will have to share pictures but our cord is packed up right now and I am too lazy to get it.

I feel truly blessed to have a home, an amazing husband, a beautiful daughter, and a God who loves me. I am sure there will be trying times that come in these new adventures but with Christ by my side it will all work out.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel better! Jake has been sleeping between 6 and 8 hours at night, and if I sleep through it- I am MISERABLE in the morning. She is so cute- I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete