Thursday, March 5, 2009

Boy or Girl? And a special on pregnancy colds:)

We find out on Monday if we are having a little boy or little girl (as long as the baby is cooperative)! I am sooo excited and I know Garrett is too!!!! I am just waiting and wondering what we will be having…

According to a quiz I took, I am having a girl based on the fact that I answered yes to more girl questions than boy. Here is the breakdown:


It's a boy if:
· You didn't experience morning sickness in early pregnancy
· Your baby's heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute
· You are carrying the extra weight out front (I am not sure if this one is true because I am not huge yet)
· Your belly looks like a basketball
· Your areolas have darkened considerably
· You are carrying low
· You are craving salty or sour foods
· You are craving protein -- meats and cheese
· Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy
· The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy
· Your hands are very dry
· Your pillow faces north when you sleep
· Dad-to-be is gaining weight, right along with you
· Pregnancy has you looking better than ever
· Your urine is bright yellow in color
· Your nose is spreading
· You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves in circles
· You are having headaches
· You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an even number


It's a girl if:
· You had morning sickness early in pregnancy
· Your baby's heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute
· You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear (I am not sure if this one is true either but my butt has gotten a bit bigger)
· Your left breast is larger than your right breast
· Your hair develops red highlights
· You are carrying high
· Your belly looks like a watermelon
· You are craving sweets
· You are craving fruit
· You crave orange juice
· You don't look quite as good as normal during pregnancy
· You are moodier than usual during pregnancy
· Your face breaks out more than usual
· You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread
· Your breasts have really blossomed!
· Your pillow faces south when you sleep
· Your urine is a dull yellow color
· You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves from side to side
· You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an odd number

Who knows!

I am going through my first pregnancy cold. And let me tell you, you can’t take much (and the stuff you are allowed to take I personally can’t take) so there is no relief except to let it run its course. The runny/stuffy nose is what is getting to me. I can’t breathe at all but my nose is a faucet. I have gone through almost an entire box of Kleenex just at work and when we went out to eat for my sister-in-laws birthday, I was asking everyone for any Kleenexes they could spare because the 10 I brought just didn’t make it through the first half-hour (it was a great night besides the cold). I’ve been slathering on menthol cream (not Vicks) under my nose and on my chapped face skin from blowing it a lot which helps me breathe but makes the juices in my nose flow all the more. I think today I am starting to get better. I’ve only blown my nose once every 15 minutes and as I type I do not feel the need to blow it again! I can say I have survived!

1 comment: