Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Oprah's Favorite Things (if she were me)

I have always thought it would be cool to be on Oprah's Favorite Things show because I would walk away some cool things that are, well, Oprah's favorite! Now, if Oprah were me, here are a few of what her audience members would be walking away with:

*Hitachi Bread Maker - This thing makes awesome bread! Since my wonderful mother-in-law gave me it, I have yet to buy a loaf of bread!
*Kawaii Cloth Diapers - Almost exactly like Bumgenius diapers but for half the price! They hold up really well and I rarely have leaking issues.
*Shout - This stuff is like the Jesus of laundry products. It works MIRACLES!!!!
*Diet Dr. Pepper - I have an obsession. I rarely spend money on it but I love it. Let's just say I asked Garrett to get me some for Christmas...
*Cetaphil Facewash - This stuff doesn't smell the greatest but it is the only thing to tame this post-pregnancy face of mine.
*Norwex Cleaning Cloths - I would not spend money on these myself but my lovely mother bought them for me and they work magic in the bathroom and the kitchen. And the best part of all, no chemicals or cleaners of any kind!
*Moby Wrap - All I will say is, I love wearing my babies.
*Cedarmont Kids - They might be from the 90s but their awesome music tames the wildest of toddlers:-)
*Nasal Aspirators - I have about 4 hospital ones. These things will make the snottiest child free of all boogers in 0.2 seconds!
*Shark Steam Mop - I love that I can vacuum and then steam mop my floors. This also means everything is sanitized without the use of any chemicals (I still clean with my floors with pine sol, just not as often).
*Public Library - Who doesn't love reading free books and movies?
*Free Wifi - I still can't believe that you can get on the internet everywhere!
*My Husband's Old T-shirts - These make the best cleaning cloths around!
*Gumdrop Pacifiers - This is s shout out for Eden. She is an addict and couldn't live without her paci, so therefor, it is a favorite of mine:-)
*Swagbucks - I have gotten several gift cards and purchased quite a few items off or amazon and Target.com for free!
*Harry Potter - Thank you Garrett for turning me into a Hogwarts fan!
*This Momentary Marriage by John Piper - This book is recommended to anyone and everyone!
*Free Shipping - Gotta love it!
*Settler's of Catan - Thanks to some wonderful friend's of ours this has been a game we love!
*Speed (the game, not the drug) - This is probably my favorite card game of all time.
*Elbow Grease - There is nothing I love more than getting down on my hands and knees and cleaning.

I am not sure how Oprah would go about giving some of these things away but she is Oprah and I am sure she can do it;-)

6 comments:

  1. i love nasal aspirators too - i use one to put ear oil in the kids' ears to help with ear infections. they're the perfect tool for it.

    is kawaii a brand of diaper cover? does it have velcro or snaps - i don't really like the snaps. i've been using thirsties lately and i'm not super impressed - too many leaks. where do you get the kawaii ones?

    i also can't live without shout. it even gets out stains from garage sale clothing that has been there who-knows-how-long.

    I LOVE MY MOBY WRAP! i have a sling one, too, but it KILLS my neck to wear it - with the moby you can hardly tell the kid is in there!

    "speed - the game not the drug" hahahaha. thanks for clarifying - you do strike me as the drug-type.

    fun list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kawaii diapers are pocket diapers that can come in either snaps or velcro (I have a few snap diapers but don't like them because I can't get the right fit around on either kiddo). I got mine off of hyena cart and the seller ships really fast and these are best cheap diapers I have found (less than $10 for each diaper)! I LOVE these and even Garrett loves them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. karlee, here's the link i used for my homemade formula recipe. i got it from the weston a. price foundation, which is a REALLY solid source of nutritional/educational information and research, so i trust it. the girl in the video says to try to give yourself a week or two to gather ingredients before you'll need to make the formula, but it took me closer to a month! just a head's up. and if you're ever thinking about it, let me know and i can tell you where i found the cheapest sources for some of the stuff.

    although, with 1500 oz of breastmilk stored, i don't know that you'll be needing it anytime soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. duh...HERE'S the link...
    http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/2010/09/video-homemade-milk-based-baby-formula/

    ReplyDelete