Sunday, November 21, 2010

More vomit than one mama can handle...




So, the sickness in our house continues (sort of) and it all can be found in one little girl. I am pretty sure I have figured out what she has - a urinary tract infection. She threw up on Wednesday at the dinner table and has just been a little off since with no huge red flags of illness (no fever or vomiting). Eden has been a little sluggish and hasn't been eating well at all (and when you only weigh 21 lbs, not eating or drinking much fluid is not a good thing) and has had some other random discomforts that I am sure she will one day be glad that I did not share. But on the other hand she is playing like crazy and for the most part in a good mood!

But I do have share some things that I have learned about toddlers and vomit.
1) Leather furniture is a must and we will one day own some.
2) I love my Bissle Little Green more than I ever thought possible.
3) Fabric covered kitchen chairs might look pretty but they are not fun to clean.
4) Some things are not worth cleaning and it is okay to just throw them away.
5) Soaking a booster chair in the bath tub for half a day in detergent gets the vomit smell out of the straps.
6) Never assume your child is done throwing up - ever.
7) Laugh because life with children is crazy.
8) And even though your child is covered in puke, it is okay to go ahead and hold them close and comfort them even though you are getting their grossness all over you in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment