Thursday, November 4, 2010

I am a frugalista!

Since marrying my husband it has been my life's goal to save us money. Well, maybe not my life's goal but it is something that I felt like I should do since we want to be responsible stewards of the riches God has provided. I have been asked by a couple of people what I do to save money and I thought that my blog would be a great way to start sharing those crazy ideas I have tried and since today is a sick day at our house, why put off 'til tomorrow what can be done today.

One thing I have learned since marrying my best friend is that we are rich! We truly are! I am talking about being rich in Jesus' love and God's grace AND also financially rich. Now, some of you might say that that is a pretty bold statement and pretty arrogant but it has to be said because it is true. We learned in church a few weeks ago that we (Americans) really, truly are some of the richest people in the world and we, personally, have never made millions. This has humbled us and as we look around our house and see all the "stuff" we have and the fact that we have multiple rooms in our home and clothes that fill our closet and a car we can drive and groceries to eat, we realize just how rich we are.

Once we realized just how rich we are, we decided that a goal for our family would be to try and save money so we can give it away and help those who really are financially poor and struggling. It hasn't always been easy but I am always up for trying new ways to stretch a dollar and I figure why not share them with others?

Frugal abundant living is our motto and I hope that this can be a reminder to myself of the blessings that have been bestowed upon us.

Sincerely,
Frugie - The frugalicious mama:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment