Tuesday, April 28, 2009

28 weeks!!!!

I had my 28 week appointment yesterday and I can’t believe how fast the time has gone. It seems like just yesterday I found out I was pregnant… The appointment went alright. I found out I am slightly anemic and that my blood sugar was little high for my gestational diabetes test. This means that I have to do a 12 hour fast next week and get my blood checked again for three hours – it really shouldn’t be too bad except I wake up starving and don’t know how I will make it for a grand total of 15 hours with no food!!!! The doctor doesn’t think I have gestational diabetes but wants to make sure that I am not. As for the rest of the appointment, it went really well! He was trying to get the clearest heartbeat reading when all of a sudden Eden gives him a huge kick! Other than that, I am measuring right on schedule:)

Garrett was so sweet when we went to my appointment. I was weighed and as usual shocked by what the scale said (and yet not surprised because all I have done for the past couple of weeks was eat) since I have never weighed this much. We go into the room to wait for the doctor and I ask Garrett the usual, “Do I look fat?” And he tells me know and assures me that I am beautiful beyond compare. Then I asked him, “How much do you weigh?” He replies that the last time he checked he weighed 170. I told him that that made me happy since I wasn’t close to passing him up but made sure to let him know that he needs to stay that way until Eden is born for my sake. Well, later on he decides he will weigh himself and guess what???? He weighs LESS than what he told me. Then he said that he only told me he weighed 170 because he thought it would make me feel good. LOL I told him it was a thoughtful but a very dirty little trick!

Then later that night we had our friend B over for dinner and B told me point blank that he thought I weighed more than Garrett already. This literally almost made me cry. Garrett gave me a big hug and told me that besides my growing belly, I still look slender and not to listen to what B said because it wasn’t true. I sure do love my husband!

ENERGY. Something I haven’t felt in a long time has finally arrived!!! This is not the kind of energy that makes me want to run or even go walking for hours. This kind of energy means I need less sleep to feel awake. Life past 9pm is like a whole new world to me…what shows are on tv? What cleaning can be accomplished? Needless to say I don’t leave dirty dishes in the sink overnight because I am too tired anymore. I have cleaned A TON in the past couple of weeks and packed almost all our stuff with the exception of the kitchen, bathroom stuff that is still be used, Garrett’s college stuff, and our clothes. These things will hopefully get done this weekend. Oh how having energy has changed me!

I will keep you posted on the outcome of my tests next week…

2 comments:

  1. Karlee,
    I gotta admit, its sad to hear you talk about weight. You are gaining weight because its healthy for your child. Thats a good thing.

    Not only that, but curves are sexy. Dont feel bad about your body. Embrace it. Its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karlee,
    I know you worry about weight, but your doctor will tell you if you are gaining too much. Think of this:
    7-8 lbs is baby
    2 lbs will be placenta
    2 lbs of amniotic fluid
    2 lbs of uterus
    1-2 lbs of increases breast weight
    4 lbs of extra blood
    4 lbs of extra fluid for the babe

    That's at least 25 lbs of NORMAL healthy, weight gain. I am sure you aren't as big as you feel!

    ReplyDelete