Wednesday, May 20, 2009

2 Months Exactly

Today marks 2 months until my due date. I can’t believe it! I am having a hard time with how fast this has gone. Soon I will have my own little baby in my arms…my own child…not someone elses…not a doll…but my own flesh and blood. Crazy!

I had an appointment yesterday (I am 31 weeks). It was just a routine visit but now I get to go every two weeks until I am 35 weeks and then every week. The doctor was listening for the heartbeat when all of a sudden Eden kicks him real hard…Garrett couldn’t believe how hard she kicked! Everything seems to be going smoothly, I have started getting heartburn/indigestion but it’s really nothing to complain about. The one thing that kind of stinks about being pregnant in the summer is the fact that my feet swell. I took off my shoes (they were slip-ons) and could barely get them back on! My feet were literally bulging out the top. I guess I will be sporting some nice cankles from now on:) But as long as she stays in there nice and safe I don’t mind.

One thing that I love now that Eden has gotten bigger is that I can actually feel her different appendages and tell her head from her butt. Like right now I can feel a little arm around my belly button (she’s been laying cross-ways for almost a week now). And something that is funny to me is when she stretches, my whole belly gets lop-sided or I get lumps that stick out in random places. It’s really funny to see and Garrett will look over at my belly and say I see a butt. I’ll have to get a picture of it!

Now that we have moved, we officially have a nursery. I should post pictures of what it looks like right now! HA! Everything that we don’t know what to do with quite yet from moving is in her room and her closet is packed with guitars and amps. And her actual room is full of empty boxes and bins and stuff we need to take to my parents to store until we have room. But Eden does have a baby bed!!!!!! The mattress just came yesterday but it’s at my parents and I will be getting it soon. My dad spent two hours assembling the cute little crib (it’s not exactly little) and wanted everything to be perfect for his little grandbaby. The dresser and lingerie cabinet from my bedroom set at home are awaiting their delivery to the room. Once those are moved Eden’s room will be set up!

Well, I guess that’s it for now…

2 comments:

  1. you moved? to where? is garrett done with school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... the lumps- I love it! I was hoping you would update soon. Where did you guys move to?

    ReplyDelete